Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Case Study...

Hiya!

I wanted to play along with a new challenge out in the blogosphere - CASE Study. It was started by one of my Curtain Call Crew pals Iwona (otherwise known as Chupa!) and it focuses on learning from the masters of paper crafting creativity! What a fabulous idea! I can't begin to tell you how many times I have been inspired by someone else's creation and that inspiration has led to me creating the cards I do today.

This month's muse is Makiko Jones, who has an awesome style complete with fab colouring, layers and embellishments. This is my interpretation of the inspiration card for this week:

(You can check out the inspiration card here)

I had these flowers already stamped and cut out from a while ago when I felt like colouring (gotta love that little pile of pre-made goodies!). I created some leaves from the same set (from There She Goes). The verse is from Verve and I stamped it in a frame from a Gina K set that matches with some nestabilities. The colours are Groovy Guava, Tangerine Tango and (I think!) Blush Blossom (but it could be Pink Pirouette) - Stacey sent me a little package of goodies including papers and these were in it - so I don't know the exact colours! I used an old corner punch on the Tangerine DSP and slotted the paler DSP into the punched corners. I added some lace, tiny pearls and some brads/button to the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

4 comments:

Aimes said...

Love the flowers on your card! The lace trim is a super sweet addition too!
Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Yay Amy!! SO glad to see you around, girl :) This is a fab card with some seriously gorgeous colours, I love to see how you got inspired :) Thanks for playing! xxx

Sue Kohler said...

Amy, I am soooooo excited you found some time to join us! As always you have shared your creativity with a beautiful card, love the flowers and the colours! Hope to see you back at CASE study again soon with some more of you CHA goodies! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Amy, super coloring and great color choices! Your design is wonderfully elegant and soft! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!