Saturday, 19 February 2011

A Play Date with Case Study...

Hiya!

Good news! I'm on half term, I've finished the most recent round of exams and assignments and I now have time to play - woohoo! When I saw this week's combined Case Study and Play Date challenges I knew I had to play along. Here is the inspiration/colour challenge:


That gorgeous card is from Eva Dobilas and the colour challenge is to use black, green and red. I based my card on the colours from the gorgeous Love Letter DSP (Riding Hood Red, Basic Black and Very Vanilla) and then added a touch of Old Olive with my watercolouring. Here's what I came up with:

I must say, I had lots of fun making this one! The flowers (from Growing Green) were stamped four times on watercolour paper then coloured with Riding Hood Red ink and an aquabrush. I cut the centres out from two of them then layered over the full flowers for a paper-tole effect. The leaves are from Autumn Splendour and also watercoloured with inkpad and aquabrush. The little butterfly (from Cottage Garden) was stamped on Newsprint DSP and cut out - I added some pearls to the body and an extra few under the sentiment.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Growing Green, Autumn Splendour, Cottage Garden, Because I Care (hostess)
Ink: Stazon, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive
Paper: Love Letter DSP, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, watercolour
Accessories: Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, basics pearls, scallop trim border punch, scallop border punch, nesties

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

18 comments:

lotte chew said...

this is so beautiful!!!! love it!!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love your colouring and the way you combined so many different stamp sets!

TuKara said...

Très romantique!!!

Aimes said...

What a beautiful card, I love your watercolouring especially!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Enjoy the rest of your half term (I'm loving mine!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tracey said...

So GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE all your special details! I visited Bristol (Chew Valley) in 1984...beautiful country you live in! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Amy, this is, in a word "card gorgeousness"! (Well, maybe two words). This is absolutely stunning...everything from those beautiful flowers to that striking black bow! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study challenges!

Sue Kohler said...

I was so excited when I saw your name next to this beauty!!
This card is absolutely AWESOME Amy, the layered flowers, the leaves and the list goes on- brilliant!
Thank you for popping in and sharing your creativity with us for this combined challenge. Enjoy the rest of your break, happy crafting! :)

E.T said...

Your card is beautiful! I think it's a winner! ;)

Michele Gross said...

I LOVE this! :D The polka dots are fabulous and you did such a wonderful job with the colors and design! Just gorgeous!! Glad you had fun with our Combined Grind this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Maria said...

Truly a gorgeous card! Love the design, flowers, bow...so so lovely!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Amy, this is super gorgeous! Thanks for entering it with us at the Cafe this week. ANd you know, in your profile pic on the blog, I think you look like a young Isabella Rossellini!

Eva said...

OMG!!!! Seriously, your card is AMAZINGLY STUNNING!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Ruby said...

Wow, your card is stunning!!! Absolutely love everything about it! You're just down the road from me, it's nice to 'meet' someone that shares my addiction and lives in the UK! Thanks for playing along us in our combined challenge with the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great take on our Combined Grind Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in The Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your coloring is magnificent. This card is truly beautiful. So glad you played along at The Play Date Cafe.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Goodness gracious Amy, this is totally STRIKING!!! I love everything about this card, amazing work!! Thank you for joining us for our special challenge this week!

Renée M-B. said...

Wow!This is gorgeous. Love how you coloured the flowers.

susanne said...

Gorgeous card!! I love your watercolour flowers, they're so delicate!