Sunday, 27 March 2011

Case or copy..?

Hiya!

I set out tonight to have a go at the current Case Study challenge, which was to case this stunning card by Julee Tilman:
And when you're looking at perfection, what do you change?? Not a lot as it turns out! Here's my attempt:



I kept the layout, the colours, the vintagey feel... I did change the papers and stamps as I don't have the same as Julee's and I used a doily die cut for the base of the sentiment (loving playing with these!). I made the ribbon straight (can't seem to manage slanty ribbon!). The sentiment is from Verve - I stamped it once on Crumb Cake and once on Whisper White then cut out, distressed with ink and layered up. (You can click on the photo for a larger view if you want).

That's all from me for now - am pretty tired what with the clocks going forward and losing an hour's sleep last night - off to dreamland...

x Amy x

2 comments:

Jean Martin said...

Amy this is absolutely gorgeous! I love your color combo. This is such a great CASE! So glad you could come play with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sue Kohler said...

Wow Wow and more Wow!! this is super gorgeous Amy, the colours are stunning and the beautiful die!
Fabulous to see you back with us at CASE study again! :)