Saturday, 5 March 2011

Verve Blog Hop...

Hiya!

When I saw that Julee Tilman was the new muse over at the Case Study challenge, I knew I had to play along! Julee is right at the top of my 'inspirational crafters' list and she is such a sweet person, leaving encouraging comments on so many cards on the web. I've been a big fan of her work for a long time and it is so much fun to case her work. I combined the case study challenge with week 1 of the Viva la Verve sketch challenges this month. Here is the inspiration card from Julee:
Wowza! What a gorgeous card! I decided to use the same colour scheme and I really wanted to use a beautiful flower like the one on Julee's card, but I don't have any pre-made ones. My solution was to try to create one myself using the Fancy Flower punch and some glitter glue. Looks MUCH better IRL than in the photo though. Here's my card:


I've also linked this up to the Verve Blog Hop that's going on at the moment. The DSP is all from some the same set that I've had for AGES but am hesitant to use cos it's sooo pretty! I matted each layer onto Crumb Cake cardstock and inked the edges for a distressed look. I added some soft grey satin ribbon and some pearls to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

27 comments:

chilli pip said...

Wow this card is a beauty and the flower looks stunning. x

Julie E said...

What a beautiful creation! A wonderful case of Julee :>)

Heather said...

Such a pretty card! That DP is gorgeous and your flower is great!

Rhonda said...

Your take on the CAS is great. The colors are so pretty.

Denisse said...

WOW! those cards are beautiful!

Karen Day said...

One of my favourite sentiments! I may have to case you on this one, cause I have those papers!

Debbie Carriere said...

What a beautiful CASE!!! Love the papers & your flower is gorgeous. TFS :)

Vickie Z said...

Great job on the case!! Love these papers and your flower is wonderful!!

Sue D said...

Great card--you made a very pretty flower.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Wow, both of these cards are so elegant looking, with a Victorian feel. LOVE the fan you created in the first card with that stunning striped DP!

Marisa said...

Total gorgeousness, Amy! Love the flower you made and what a fabulous case of Julee's card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card!

Tanya said...

Oh so beautiful! Great job casing Julee. One of my favorite sets, TFS! :D

Pam Speidel said...

This is jaw-dropping gorgeous! Incredible use of the Verve stamp. I'm in awe.

Cassie_lu said...

your card is amazing and so elegant. love how you used the sketch to make it shine for you.

Joanne Gilch said...

These cards are gorgeous!!!Such wonderful creations to set my eyes on!!!

Heidi said...

wow this is gorgeous. You are right about Julee's card too- fabulous card to use as inspiration.

Ravengirl said...

A beautiful case and fabulous use of the sketch! Love your darling flower!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! Such a wonderful CASE!

Tina said...

Your card is beautiful! You did great! I love how Julee inspires us all!

Aimes said...

Love your homemade flower! If it looks even better IRL then it must be stunning as it looks fabulous on the screen!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooo gorgeous! Love the colors and your flower is incredible! Great CASE!

Basement Stamper said...

great card, love the layers upon layers on it.

Dani said...

So lovely!!

Marsha said...

Your cards are so beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is simply gorgeous, Amy! Love the glittery touches on that beautiful flower!

Sue Kohler said...

Wow Amy, how elegant is this card!! Loving the colour scheme and the awesome sentiment!
Thanks for playing along at CASE study this week! :)