Friday, 15 April 2011

Poppies Speed Challenge...

Hiya!

I spotted this Flourishes Speed Challenge this afternoon and seeing as I am home free I thought I'd play along! I combined the sketch with this week's Case Study challenge - I love Silke's work and this card was pure perfection. I kept the text background effect as well as the colour scheme, ribbon treatment, lace and pearls. Here's what I came up with:


I kept the distressed look with the papers I chose and I inked the edges of my main image panel with Vintage Touch ink. The ribbon is Crumb Cake seam binding (love this stuff!). I used Flourishes Poppies and Iris sets, and the poppies are coloured with copics.

That's all for now - thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

12 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Oh my word... this is absolutely breathtaking! What a fabulous design and beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing!

petra,s cards said...

wauw what a gorgeous card and i look arround on your blogg wauw fantastic!!! i became a follower!!!
xx petra

Marisa said...

You poppies are stunning!! Gorgeous card :)

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous, Amy! The poppies really are stunning; great job.

lotte chew said...

WOW!!! love the flowers!!! very beautiful

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Amy...your card just reached out and grabbed my eye! That red flower image is striking! The design, the colors and the accents are just remarkable! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Amanda said...

I just love, love your card! I knew it was a winner when I saw it and rightfully so :)

Congratulations, it's Beautiful!! :)

Sue Kohler said...

Beautifully done Amy!! The poppies are fabulous as is the seam binding- gotta get some of that!!
Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at CASE study!! :)

Julie said...

Great card, your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowza! You rocked these poppies, girl! Amazing card!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous poppies!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Pure GORGEOUSNESS Amy! You made the poppies look perfect and what a fab case! Thank you so much for playing and I'm so happy to hear you like my work :) !!! Hgus ~S~