This is my card for the Verve Friday Challenge: Viva la Verve! I had the honour this week of being chosen to be the Guest Design Diva by Amber - wow!
So this week's sketch has a limited twist: NO DESIGNER PAPER!!! Oh my... I was getting really excited about using some of my latest stash of lovely K&Co paper when I saw the twist - eek! So... I decided to make my own. I used my favourite way of creating my own background paper... here are the steps:
You will need two pieces of glossy card, 3 colours of reinker (I used Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron), a Brilliance reinker (I used gold), a plastic file pocket, a brayer, stamps & ink.
1) Squirt a few drops of each reinker (including Brilliance) inside the plastic pocket.
2) Close the pocket and roll the brayer over in multiple directions to spread out and mix the inks a little (but not too much).
3) Open pocket up and slide two pieces of glossy card back to back into the pocket and close.
4) Roll brayer over outside of pocket on both sides, scrunching the plastic a little to distribute the ink and create texture.
5) Take cards out of the pocket and leave to dry.
6) When dry, stamp pattern or background over the card with ink suitable for glossy card (I used Memento cocoa)
So for this card, I followed the above and did step 6 on only one of the pieces. I used Verve's Artful Elegance set for the background then distressed it by swiping the cocoa inkpad around the edges. The un-stamped piece was used for the centre rectangle.
The main image was created by layering vellum cardstock embossed with a gold greeting (from Fancy Florals Remixed) over the top of a stamped image (from Birthday Surprise) that I coloured with markers. I added piercing and faux stitching using markers.
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: All Verve: Birthday Surprise, Fancy Florals Remixed, Artful Elegance
Paper: Glossy White, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Memento Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories: SU Markers, Gold EP, SU reinkers, brads, choc chip ribbon, brilliance reinker, brayer, paper piercer, nestabilities
Thanks for looking!
Favorite Things - June 2018
14 hours ago