Thursday 16 July 2009

Faux Grid technique

Hello!

I made this card for two challenges over at SCS - the color challenge (Lavender, Banana, Black & White) and the Technique challenge (Faux grid).

I stamped the image from Soft Summer (in the UK mini catalogue) on Confetti White with Stazon and coloured with watercolour wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I drew the grid lines using a ruler and my black SU marker. I coloured random squares with two different grey crayons. I added shadow on one side of the image with a dark grey marker and blended with my aqua painter.

The greeting was stamped with Stazon on Barely Banana and punched out with the SU oval punch. I added white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and Barely Banana brads for extra texture.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Soft Summer, Oval All
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: Lavender Lace, Barely Banana, Going Grey, Basic Black, Confetti White
Accessories: Watercolour wonder crayons, Soft Subtles brads, white grosgrain ribbon, white Signo gel pen, SU oval punches, SU scallop edge punch, SU black marker

Thanks for stopping by... I'm off to sniffle and cough a bit more... am feeling a bit poorly at the mo!

x Amy x

No comments: