Sunday 27 December 2009

A Funky Hello to You..!

Hello all!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends! I caught a dreadful bug a few days before Christmas so was feeling pretty rotten leading up to the big day and am still suffering with cold-like symptoms - hopefully they'll be gone soon!

I spent Christmas day and Boxing day at my in-laws, making lots of Sale-a-Bration cards (tune in on the 30th of Dec for a Sale-a-Bration blog hop where you'll see lots of great samples with the new FREE stamp sets that will be available from the 30th of Dec through to the end of Feb!). Today is the first day I've been able to sit down and make something purely for the joy of creating something and not 'cos I have to'. I played along with the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS today and this is the card I came up with.

The flower is from Playful Petals and I stamped the larger flower from the set on Whisper White using Chocolate Chip first. I then overstamped on top of it with the Sanded background stamp, which kinda 'dirtied' it up a bit - I really like the effect! I then stamped the smaller detailed flower on Real Red twice (I inked the stamp first with Versamark then with Chocolate Chip and embossed the image with clear embossing powder) and onto Tempting Turqouise once. I cut out the layers and built up the flower using dimensionals. I added a button from the Playground collection in the centre, with some linen thread tied through the middle.

The Tempting Turqouise background was stamped with En Francais using Tempting Turquoise ink. I stamped the swirl from Season of Joy twice using Versamark and embossed with Silver embossing powder. I added piercing using the mat pack and piercing tool and added some faux stitching using a white gel pen. I also used some silver brads and white satin ribbon to finish this off.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Playful Petals, Hello Again, Season of Joy, Sanded, En Francais
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Paper: Real Red, Tempting Turqouise, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Accessories: Playground buttons, silver brads, white satin ribbon, linen thread, white signo gel pen, eyelet border punch, mat pack and piercing tool, clear EP

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Stunning card Amy - love it!