Tuesday 21 June 2011

My favourite flower...

Hiya!
I wanted to play along with this week's Play Date colour challenge so I combined it with one of this month's Viva la Verve sketches to create this...


I love gerbera daisies and wanted to create some using the big shot daisy die from SU. I used Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie and used all three sizes of daisy on the die. I adde some funky buttons for the centres and used some basics rhinestones for some flourishes. The whisper white background was embossed with the polka dots embossing folder and the centre panel is a mix of Marina Mist dsp. The sentiment is from the hostess set Because I Care. I punched it out with the oval punch and layered onto a white scalloped oval. The card base is 5 1/4" square in Marina Mist.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this sweet and bright card!!! Those flowers are super pretty in the PDCC colours! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

So divinely elegant! LOVE your embossing and the way your colors just POP on that white background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is fabulous! I've always loved that die from SU. It makes awesome flowers, especially in these sun-drenched colors. WEll done, and thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love gerber daisies too and they look so pretty in those colors. Loving all of your details. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.