Thursday 30 July 2009

Woohoo! I'm on holiday...!


Well I'm now on school holidays - yay! Actually I have been all week, but have been so wrapped up in sorting out my craft room and other bits and bobs around the house I've forgotten to update my blog - sorry!

I thought I'd share this card with you - a Christmas in July card! I stamped the reindeer on Whisper White using Choc Chip and punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I created the background by arranging squares of Ski Slop DSP on Always Artichoke Cardstock. I then punched a scallop circle out of a piece of Choc Chip card slightly smaller than the DSP piece. This was popped up over the reindeer to create a frame. I added faux stitching using a white signo gel pen (a favourite technique of mine!!). The background of the card is Bashful Blue cardstock stamped with snowflakes from the SU Winter Post set using Bashful Blue ink. I dragged the inkpad around the edges to get a distressed feel.

The greeting is from the hostess set Best Yet and was stamped on Whisper White using Choc Chip ink and punched out with the SU oval punch. This was layered on a scallop circle of Real Red. I added some Choc Chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon to finish off.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Winter Post, Best Yet
Ink: Choc Chip, Bashful Blue
Paper: Ski Slope DSP, Always Artichoke, Choc Chip, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Choc Chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon, white signo gel pen, SU oval punches.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

No comments: