Sunday 30 May 2010

Curtain Call Butterfly Bling!

Hiya!

Check out this week's GORGEOUS colours:

I actually sketched out this card when sitting in a boring meeting at work this week (tee hee!). I made a couple of tweaks to my original design but overall it's pretty much what I had in my head! Lookie:

The butterflies are the beautiful All a Flutter a-la-carte stamp in the UK mini catty my FAVE stamp from the mini! I stamped it three times with Choc Chip ink on Whisper White card then coloured with Summer Sun and Apricot Appeal markers. I covered them with versamark ink then dipped in a mix of Dazzling Diamonds glitter and heat and stick powder. Once I'd heated that, I dipped in clear embossing powder to seal all the glitter then heated again - they are lovely and sparkly IRL!
I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Rose Red onto Regal Rose card then added some shadows with a Rose Red marker. The ribbon is Rose Red double-stitched grosgrain and I added a hat-pin from the Pretties Kit through the knot with some pearls and glass beads... eek! So pretty!!!
The greeting is from another a-la-carte stamp - I mounted the greeting and cake separately so I can use the greeting by itself if I want (which I do - cos I always need birthday cards and can never find enough SU birthday sentiments!!). I punched the greeting out with the Word Window punch and layered onto an Apricot Appeal punched oval. I rounded some corners on the layers for a bit of a different look. The sketch is from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch challenge last week - great sketch to play with!
Make sure you stop by the rest of the Curtain Call Crew to see what they've created:
and our wonderful leader Stacey Schafer!
Thanks for stopping by...
x Amy x

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Amy. Love how you used Karen's sketch! Butterflies are wonderfully done and I love the pin. Great card :D

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

EEK!! Exactly!! This card is over the top FABULOUS, Amy! I love the sparkly butterflies, the rounded corners, the pin... masterpiece!! xxx

Andrea said...

Wow, thats a great card, Amy. I love the butterflies

Julie said...

Wow, this is just so pretty, I love your butterflies.

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorge:)

Allison said...

Beautiful card! Love the diamonds!

Cynthia said...

I just love your card, the butterflies look so real!

Clare said...

Gorgeous card, well done Amy! C x

Shelley said...

Well, the bow and pin are so spectacular...a real eye catcher! Then to add the super sparkly butterflies, it's just wonderful! Great job!