Saturday 15 May 2010

Only Regal Garden Plums!

Hiya!

Just a quick post to show you something I made today - it's for our SU team challenge. This week was to do a colour search on this website and pick one of the combos that come up and go with them to make a card. I ended up with Only Orange, Regal Rose, Garden Green and Perfect Plum - eek! What a combo!!

I needed to multi-task with this challenge as I have a class coming up next Saturday on using punches. One of the ideas I wanted to use was the 'dahlia fold' flower using circle punches so I used that technique with this colour combo. The paper I used was the Perfect Plum DSP pack. The pink background paper was created by stamping a variety of stamps from Circle Circus onto Bride DSP and rubbing with kitchen towel - pretty funky eh?! I added a white satin ribbon bow in the centre of the flower for an extra quirky touch.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow for the next Curtain Call colour challenge!

x Amy x

2 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Amy!!! I need to make one of those flowers as I never have. You used the colour combo wonderfully well.

Sherry said...

Amy, I just love this card. The color combo is awesome! Can you tell me how you folded the circle for the flower petal?