Sunday 4 July 2010

Curtain Call Cupcake...

Hiya!

This week's Curtain Call colours are yummy...!


I kept looking at these colours (I have them written in my diary so when I've got a spare moment during the week I can start coming up with ideas!) during this week but nothing jumped out at me as an idea, until I went back to the inspiration photo - these cupcakes are so lovely I just had to make a paper version! So here's what I came up with:



I paper-pieced the cupcake using Barely Banana and Melon Mambo cardstock then added turquoise glitter to the sprinkles. I cut off the candle from the original image and replaced it with a flower from Vintage Vogue. The DSP is from the Kaleidascope pack and I thought it matched these colours really well! Some pearls and some Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon finished this off. The greeting is from the a-la-carte Sweet Birthday stamp in the UK mini catty. I used this week's Sweet Stop Sketch for the layout - love these sketches!
The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity

Julie Smith at Paper and Such

Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine

Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections

Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession

Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden

Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection and 
 
and July Guest Designer, Silke Ledlow at My Life.
 
...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 33 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy

10 comments:

Marisa said...

I hear you Amy! These colours gave me grief as well. First card was a crash and burn, and the second one finally worked out. Love how you kept with the inspiration piece and used a cupcake. Great work :D

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I see you took the inspiration photo literally - and I'm glad, 'cause it's a wonderful card! Fabulous take on this week's colours, Amy!

Silke Ledlow said...

Delicious card Amy!!! Love the yummy cupcake and what a perfect birthday card it is!!!

Also *thank you* for welcoming me!!! I'm so thrilled to be part of this fabulous team this month!!! Hugs ~S~

Lea L. said...

This is very cute!! I love the cute cupcake!! (I struggled a bit with the colors too...so no worries!!) I think you did a wonderful job!

♥♥♥Lea

Julie said...

Can't go wrong with a cupcake...huh? Love what you've done!

Melissa said...

Awwwwww! SO cute! I always say when in doubt, go for the cupcake... whether you are crafting or in real life! :)

Sue said...

Mmmmmmmm! A wonderful use of the colours and the picture, the flower just tops off a perfect cupcake! Thanks for your tips with the ribbon, next time I will give it a whirl with satin ribbon! :)

Suzie said...

What an adorable card! I absolutely love that you put the flower on top of the cupcake! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shelley said...

How cute! You got the cupcake spot-on! I guess you, me and Marisa all were a little stumped with these colors. I don't know why, they are perfectly lovely colors. I guess just not in my comfort zone.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, amy! love this yumminess:)