Saturday 6 November 2010

Welcome Christmas Mojo!

Hiya!

I really wanted to play with my new goodies that arrived this week - the Welcome Christmas set as well as some brand spankin' new DSP only available with this stamp set - plus some lush new ribbon that came FREE with the bundle - oh how I love this ribbon! I wanted to play with this week's Mojo Monday sketch as well so here's what I came up with:


I used the gorgeous flocked DSP for the background - nice and touchy-feely IRL! The wreath was created by stamping it onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock with Garden Green ink then cutting out and adding some Real Red brads randomly around it. It is dangling with some gold elastic cord so it can swing back and forth, The sentiment (from Perfect Punches) is layered onto the white card underneath. The ribbon is the new Real Red polka-dot stuff that you can either get free with one of the Christmas bundles, or you can purchase them separately - I LOVE how this looks tied in a bow!

Here's a detail shot of some of the elements:


I also decorated the inside as I've seen so many lovely examples of this and I never seem to get around to it - but it only took an extra five minutes so I think it's definitely worth it! Lookie...


I had a blast making this card - can't wait to play some more!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Welcome Christmas, Perfect Punches
Paper: Christmas Cocoa DSP, Real Red, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Ink: Garden Green, Soft Suede
Accessories: Real Red polka-dot ribbon, scallop edge punch, circle punches, real red brads, gold elastic cord, nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card - love the canopy at the top. Very fresh and fun!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful, Amy! Love that little paper awning! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Shelley said...

Amy, you have been posting like me...in frequently! So, I totally understand! Sometimes it's just not possible. I had to leave a comment on your card, though! What a clever idea! I have to admit I was thinking of a way to use the window awning (dressing) and lo and behold...you beat me to the punch! Yours is super cute, though! I may have to use it as my inspiration!