Saturday 30 October 2010

Viva la Autumn...

Hiya!

Sorry I didn't get back quite as quickly as I'd hoped to post my other Viva la Verve card - this week has been extremely busy with our church conference so I've not had much time to create or blog! I wanted to share this card with you cos I really had a blast making it and I love the finished result:


I used the sketch from the challenge, along with this inspiration pic:


So pretty right? I'd love to have a table setting like this in my house!!

I used the woodgrain DSP from the Woodland Walk pack for the background (to imitate the table) and I used Basic Grey for the layers behind each section to pick up the grey cupboards in the background. I spotted a leaf on the table that was orange in the middle and red on the outside so I made one in those colours using Autumn Splendour and Pumpkin Pie/Riding Hood Red ink on watercolour paper. The oval piece was stamped with the berries from Autumn Days (to pick up on the berries on the plates). The sentiment is from the fabulous Curly Cute set new to the UK cattyn and I punched it out with the Modern Label punch. I added some LUSH pumpkin pie striped ribbon with a basic grey button to finish things off.

So now you've seen a glimpse into my creative process, I would highly recommend taking part in an inspiration challenge - they are brilliant for getting you to think a bit differently from what you normally would!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Total gorgeousness! Love the woodgrain in the BG and the leave with the springs is fabulous. I used the same insp. piece as I loved the colour combo. Great work.