Tuesday 12 May 2009

Only Summer Flower...


This is for today's colour challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers: Summer Sun, Only Orange and Kiwi Kiss (I had to use Old Olive as I don't have the In Colours... yet!!).
I was a bit wary of the Summer Sun/Only Orange combo, thinking it would be to bright for my liking, but I really like how this card turned out - that's why I love the challenges... you never know what you can do unless you have a go!
I stamped the petal outline from Pick a Petal on Summer Sun using an Only Orange marker (I don't have the inkpad) and cut out four. I stamped the small flower from Petal Pizzazz using Only Orange onto Whisper White cardstock, cut it out and folded in half (for the top of the flower). The stem was stamped in Old Olive and stamped two leaves seperately, cut out and popped up with dimensionals.
The greeting is from Oval All, stamped in Old Olive and layered on Only Orange. The ribbons are Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie (I thought this was a great match for Only Orange!). I added some paper piercing for added detail, and added some Stickles to the flower for some sparkle.
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Petal Pizzazz, Oval All
Ink: Only Orange, Old Olive
Paper: Summer Sun, Only Orange, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Oval punches, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie ribbon, Stickles
TFL!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Wow Amy that is gorgeous, can I CASE please!!!! Lovely as always, thanks for sharing.

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful. I must try this. Pick a petal is such a fun set and you've done it more than justice here! Zoe

simplyfairies said...

wow love this...

Stamp WIth Us said...

We love this colour combo

Thank you for joining in this week.

The Stamp With Us Team xxx

Sara said...

Amy I love how bright, cheerful and zesty this card is. Would make a great get well card too. Well done on making the Fave Five, well deserved. Sara xx