Sunday 24 May 2009

New challenge...

Hello!

This is going to be my last post for a week as I'm flying off to Italy in a few hours (so excited!!!). I thought I'd share this with you before I go!

I made this card for a new challenge blog that Vannessa (a member of the same Stampin' Up team as me) started up. Check it out here!

I took my inspiration from the colours of the room and the quilted bedspread. I made a 'quilt' of paper using four different patterns of DSP cut to 1" square.

The main image is from Crazy for Cupcakes, stamped on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip and coloured with a mix of blender pen & inkpads and SU markers. I added some glitter to each cupcake for extra sparkle! I pierced around the main image using my SU toolkit and paper piercing mat and template.

The added element we had to include in our challenge was to use something we hadn't used before (or for a very long time!). I used linen thread from the catalogue. I had seen a tutorial on SCS explaining how to do this ribbon/button/thread thingy (I'm not sure it has a proper name!) so I thought I'd give it a go... it's actually pretty easy and I think it's a great extra accent to add to a card!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red
Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
Accessories: Choc Chip double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, old olive button, linen thread, SU markers, glitter, ruby red brads, 1/4" circle punch, SU toolkit (paper piercing template).


Well that's all from me... I'm off to Italy!!

Have an awesome week...

Amy

No comments: