Saturday 22 August 2009

Touch of Nature Sketch cards

Hello!

I had the luxury of sitting down yesterday and making whatever I wanted (rather than something I had to do for one reason or another!) - it was lovely!! I've been wanting to try a sketch set along the lines of the ones that Laura Fredrickson does on her blog. This involves using four different sketches to make cards using the same ingredients (stamp sets, DSP, colours etc). For my set I chose to use the lovely Touch of Nature set from SU. This was my first ever set from Stampin Up and I still love it! I used the Tea Party designer papers along with the coordinating cardstock (Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Basic Grey).


For the sketches I used three from this week's Mojo Monday challenge blog - Mojo Monday turns 100 this week so they are celebrating with a new sketch every day.

This card was made using day 4's sketch. I stamped the butterfly with Basic Grey ink and sponged So Saffron and Pretty in Pink ink on to it. I used white taffeta ribbon and pearls from the Pretties Kit to accessorise. The greeting was embossed with white EP on Almost Amethyst card and punched with the SU oval punch. I added dots to different parts of the card with a white Signo gel pen. I adjusted the sketch a little to make it wok for my image and papers...






The next card was the Mojo100 sketch. I wasn't sure whether I could make this sketch work for me in my usual style but I was pleased with the finished result! The flower was stamped once on the white piece then again on a seperate piece and cut out so it could be popped over the main image panel with dimensionals.

I added 1/4" Certainly Celery ribbon to create 'leaves' on the flower stem.
The greeting is from SU's Wow Flowers set. I stamped it once in Almost Amethyst and punched it with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I stamped it again in Pretty in Pink and cut out the flower to stick over the top of the Amethyst greeting.




The next card is for day 2's sketch. I stamped the bird on whisper white cardstock and coloured with an aquapainter and inkpads. I sponged around the edge of the image with So Saffron ink. The greeting was stamped in Certainly Celery ink.
For my final card, I used Mercy Kerin's Tuesday sketch. I love Mercy's blog and her great style of card making so I have been wanting to participate in her sketch challenge for a while. I stamped the images in Basic Grey ink and coloured with an aquapainter and my inkpads. (A little tip when colouring - if you need a stronger colour, try adding a drop or two of the corresponding reinker into the lid of the inkpad). The So Saffron flower was stamped again and popped up with dimensionals. The ribbon is the So Saffron striped ribbon from the mini catalogue.

Phew... That was a long post (and my photos kept playing up so it's taken me ages to put together!!) Hope you enjoyed my sketch project - I loved making them and hope I'll get a chance to make more!
Have a great weekend!
x Amy x







4 comments:

Unknown said...

amy...what a stunning card set! love that dp, your coloring, and the gorgeous images! amazing job!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Pam Varnell said...

What absolute fantastic cards. Love them all. Your color scheme is awesome with all the flowers. Thanks for playing along with Mercy's sketch this week. Hugs!!

Jane said...

You do it everytime!!! stunning!!! absolutley gorgeous Amy, off to look at the link now as I fancy having a go. Thanks for showing us the beautiful cards.

Stampin_melissa said...

All are gorgeous! I love the colors you used, fabulous!