Wednesday 6 January 2010

Certainly Friends...


Hello!
It's very cold and snowy here in Bristol today and my school has closed so I get a day at home... yay!! (I'll try to contain my excitement... lol!)
I made this card last night for the colour challenge on SCS: Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal and Handsome Hunter (with an extra option of adding something pink!). Well I had only a teeny scrap of Handsome Hunter cardstock as I used all mine last Christmas and haven't gotten around to ordering more (must remedy that soon!). I did however have a Handsome Hunter ink cartridge for my Jumbo Wheel, so I used that together with So Swirly to create a background on Certainly Celery cardstock. I rounded the corners with my corner rounder punch and layered onto Taken with Teal card. The image is from Love You Much and I stamped it with Handsome Hunter and Pretty in Pink markers on Whisper White. I stamped the birds again and coloured with an aquapainter and Taken with Teal ink. I then cut them out (minus legs!) and popped over the top of the whole image with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped with Taken with Teal. The top piece was punched with the scallop edge punch and I tied some Certainly Celery ribbon around in a bow then added a Pretty in Pink button with some Linen thread. I added some 1/4" punched circles (out of my tiny piece of Handsome Hunter) to the scallops for an interesting effect.
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Love You Much, So Swirly wheel
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Taken with Teal
Card: Handsome Hunter, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Accessories: Pretty in Pink button, linen thread, Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder punch, scallop edge punch, 1/4" circle punch, aquapainter, SU markers
Thanks for stopping by!
x Amy x

No comments: