Sunday 3 January 2010

Pocket Silhouettes...

Hello and happy 2010 to you!

I made this card for this week's sketch challenge on SCS. I used my new Pocket Silhouettes stamp set (not new to the SU catty, just new to me!) to create the main panel, stamping the different silhouettes in Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Taken with Teal and Old Olive. The dragonfly is from Nature's Nest (which my friend Katie let me play with...!). I stamped it with Versamark on Whisper White and then applied Heat and Stick powder. I heated this with a heat gun which turns the powder sticky. I then dipped the image in turqouise glitter (from the Fine Cosmos glitter set) and heated again to set. Result: very sparkly dragonfly!! The papers are from the Perfect Plum designer series papers (thanks to Katie who gave these to me for Christmas!). The bottom strip of the main panel was stamped with the spiral edge punch (another Christmas pressie from Katie..!). Both the image panel and the DSP were sponged with Perfect Plum ink.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Nature's Nest, One of a Kind
Ink: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Taken with Teal, Versamark
Paper: Perfect Plum DSP, Spiced Cider DSP, Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Heat & Stick powder, cosmos glitter, oval punches, silver brads, spiral punch, white 1/42 grograin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping to show a great Sale-a-Bration project in the next few days so stay tuned...

x Amy x

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 4. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.