Thursday 7 January 2010

Simple Brocade Bird


Hello!
It's snow day #2 today, and while it is nice to be at home, I am getting a bit worried that my latest UPS delivery of Stampin Up goodies (including two new Sale-a-Bration sets!) may not get here before Saturday when I have my Sale-a-Bration class - eek! It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but the tracking update changed to 'exceptional circumstances' due to 'adverse weather' - which is code for 'we can't drive in snow!!'. I wen't back on the website this morning and saw that they had left the depot... only to turn back not long afterwards and updated the status again to 'exceptional circs...' Grrr! I do understand really, I'm not moaning at them, but I just want my new goodies...!
Anyway, enough rambling about weather... This card was made for Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS. The card I cased used this cool technique of dragging inkpads along a white piece of card to create a background (start with the coloured ink first, then do the same with Whisper White inkpad, then go back to the colour) - I had a go and really liked the result! It's so quick and easy to do (although the white ink does take a while to dry!). I cut my background into three and stamped on two of them with stamps from A Touch of Nature with coordinating ink (Brocade Blue).
The main panel was stamped with Brocade Blue both for the image and sentiment and I added Brocade Blue ribbon to finish off. I wanted to keep this simple to show what you can do just using one colour, no colouring, punches, brads... etc! I did HAVE to add ribbon though... anyone who knows me knows that's kinda imperative in my card making lol!
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: A Touch of Nature, Trendy Trees
Ink: Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Paper: Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: Brocade Blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
Thanks for stopping by!
x Amy x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, feeling inspired to give this technique a go, thanks x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Amy.. Just found your blog today, and it's so lovely to come across a style that is fresh to me. I especially love your beautiful use of colour and your clean, elegant design sense.

I shall be back often!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Jeannie said...

Beautiful card! I definitely need to case this! TFS!