Friday 10 September 2010

Old meets new...

Hiya!

I was able to play along with my two favourite Sunday Challenges this week (albeit on Tuesday, and didn't get around to posting til Friday!!). I combined Stacey's Curtain Call colour challenge with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch to create this:


The colours are Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi and Pink Pirouette - these are all new colours coming in the UK catty in October (I just received my pre-order stuff so was able to play!!). I used a retiring stamp set - one of my original favourites and part of my starter kit when I joined SU - A Touch of Nature. The flowers were stamped on watercolour paper with Stazon and coloured with an aqua brush and inkpads. The Pink Pirouette panel was stamped tone-on-tone with the butterfly from the same stamp set. The greeting is from a really useful little set called Wow Flowers that is also retiring - I've used this set a LOT! The flourish at the side of the image is from Frames with a Flourish (also retiring...) - I stamped it with Peach Parfait and cut out with my paper snips. The white panel in the background is some Bride Speciality DSP - which is sadly also going boo hoo! I added some pearls to the centre of each flower (from the Pretties kit which is also not going to be in the new catty) and some white satin ribbon (this baby's going nowhere!).

I've got the day off today so I'm hoping to play some more with my new goodies!

Thanks for stopping by...!

x Amy x

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!! Love how you used the colours and added the large half pearl to the flowers and you used Karen's sketch fabulously!! If you don't have the exact colours just substitute (I had to sub all four this week LOL!).

suzARTe said...

this card is really BEAUTIFUL. It's come together perfectly

Stacey Schafer said...

Total gorgeousness, Amy! Thanks for sharing his beautiful card with us at the cutain call!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Christina said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the pearl centers on those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing this week at the Curtain Call!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS Amy!!! Love how you used the colors an this SU Set!!! so happy you had a chance to play too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue said...

woohoo Amy, you got the lead!!!!! And to boot you got to play with your new goodies! Fabulous card, love the flowers, a worthy winner!! :)