Sunday 13 March 2011

Mojo River Butterfly...

Hiya!

I managed to find some time yesterday to play along with this week's Mojo sketch challenge. This is what I came up with:

I was a bit cross with myself cos I made it yesterday and thought I would wait until today to photograph it in the daylight, but then was so tired this afternoon that I forgot! So I had to settle for the kitchen bench... and artificial light - oh well! One of these days I really must get a light box!

I made the main panel by stamping the Friendly background stamp with Versamark onto glossy cardstock. I then brayered over the top using Baja Breeze and a smidge of Not Quite Navy. Finally, I stamped the silhouette images from Just Believe over the top with Stazon. The versamark ink resists the dye-based inkpads that I brayered with so the words come through as white in the background - such a great effect!

The Baja Breeze panel in the background was also stamped with the Friendly stamp. The DSP is from the gorgeous Love Letter collection - love that grid effect with the swirl printed over it. The edges were sponged with River Rock ink to add a distressed feel, and I stamped a butterfly on River Rock cardstock and added some pearls. The little side panel I decided to use ribbon for and went with black grosgrain and a big bow.

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the Mojo sketch I RAN from LOL! Love the DPs, shapes, colours and touches - all of it. Great card.

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous creation! You aced the sketch!
Smiles,
Lesley

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and the fabulous use of the brayer - I need to get one of those!

Marisa said...

Congrats on your Mojo win!!! LOVED this card when I saw it and so glad it was picked :)

Christine Blain said...

This is UNBELIEVABLY beautiful, Amy! Love everything about it; the design, the colours, the bow. Gorgeous, gorgeous card.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the image/sentiment panel {I have never done this}... it is sooo perfect!! Congrats on your win and enjoy picking some Verve!!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous! I can't wait to CASE it. Thanks for sharing.