Friday 18 March 2011

Speed challenge!

Hiya!

I had a couple of hours to play with this afternoon and I stumbled across the Flourishes Speed challenge using a fab sketch so I decided to play along. I combined the sketch with this week's Colour Q challenge and came up with this:


I used Flourishes' Gerbera Daisy set as well as a sentiment from another of their sets (I realised that Mothers' Day is coming up soon and although my mum is in Australia so won't need one until May, my mother-in-law is here so I need to get one sorted!). The daisies were stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with SU markers and an aqua brush - I added some sparkle to the centres of the flowers using Stickles. The DSPs are from retired stash as is the ribbon. I added a couple of buttons and some fauz stitching with a marker to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

8 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

What a beauty of a creation! Thanks so much for playing in Flourishes Speed Challenge. What an inspiration to see how talented women can create so quickly!

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE green and flowers so this card makes me happy :) I'm sure your MIL will love it.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautifuly Mother's Day card. The colors are springy and sweet together. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Speed Challenge!

Misti said...

Your card is stunning!!!

The Rusty Hoe said...

Great card! I love gerbera daisies. I'll have to get that stamp set.

Shannon White said...

This is so pretty! Love it! :-)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Amy! So glad to see you again at the ColourQ, thanks for playing!

LeAnne said...

Oh, so very pretty! Lovely image for these colors! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!