Monday 11 October 2010

Distressed Etchings...

Hiya!

Are ya impressed with the amount of posting in the last few days?? I guess I'm making up for the woeful last couple of weeks lol! I made another card for a colour/sketch challenge combination tonight - love these! I combined the Stampin Royalty colour challenge (Concord Crush, Tempting Turqouise, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip) with this week's Sketch for You to Try. Here's what I came up with:


I started out with the SFYTT but kinda went a bit off track when I put the whole thing together - oh well! I used one of the new sets in the catalogue - Artistic Etchings. I've used three stamps from this set - the Eiffel Tower, the round medallion (for the ruffled flower) and the accent element on the Tempting Turqouise card (look closely...). I stamped the white background with French Script background (thought that would be appropriate considering the main image!) then dragged the So Saffron inkpad around the edges. See that lovely punched edge? That's the FAB new border punch in our UK catty - woohoo!! The greeting is from Oval All and stamped in Concord Crush. The panel down the side (also Concord Crush) was stamped with the border from Vintage Vogue for a bit of added interest. I added a Saffron button to the centre of the flower and a little piece of Concord Crush ribbon to finish.

Thanks for stopping by...!

x Amy x

3 comments:

Denise said...

Super gorgeous card. Awesome use of these colors. Love your layout! Nicely done! Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty!

Hands On said...

Wonderful use of the colours. What a refreshing card! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty!

Georgeann Manning said...

OOOOOOOOO! LOVE it! So pretty! what an awesome card! Thank you so much for posting it and playing this weeks challenge!