Saturday 9 October 2010

Golden Leaves...

Hiya!

I actually got a chance to sit down and just PLAY with paper, stamps and ink last night for the first time in ages (I always seem to be preparing for a class or workshop which is fun in itself...!). I wanted to play along with the Verve sketch challenges that were going on for World Card Making Day - I ended up making four cards last night - was on a bit of a roll! I'll share the others in the next few days but here's one I combined with this week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge:


The colours were More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Crumb Cake (still getting used to not saying KRAFT!). These colours were so autumnal I had to go with the lovely Autumn Splendour set of leaves. I embossed each leaf in gold on a different colour cardstock then cut out. The background is Crumb Cake stamped with Crumb Cake ink and the Baroque Motifs swirl (my go-to background element!). The sentiment is from Trendy Trees and I added some lushious Old Olive striped ribbon to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

2 comments:

Allison said...

This looks stunning! Love the gold embossing!

Suzie said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE how you handled the leaves! Just elegant! Thanks so much!