Sunday 22 August 2010

Curtain Call Balloons...

Hiya!

Welcome to another Curtain Call colour challenge! Sorry for not posting this week but I went back to work (albeit only two days a week!) and had our living room replastered so life has been a bit hectic!

Anyways, check out this week's colours:
Such bright and fresh colours! Now in the UK we don't have the new colours yet.... BUT... my fab friend Vannessa has managed to get her hands on some from the US and she very kindly sent me a sample of each - yay! So I was able to play with the exact colours - although I had to ration my useage of them due to not having a lot to play with! This is what I came up with:

I used the balloon from Crazy for Cupcakes and paper-pieced the balloons with Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight cardstock and coated both with crystal effects. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop this week - love their sketches!! Their 'spin' was to 'think school' and I thought my primary colours on the card was a bit of a school link (primary school... ok a bit tenuous but it works in my head!). I added some white satin ribbon with a PTI button and a bunch of piercing to finish.

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

our fab leader: Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage

Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections

Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection
and our Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage.
Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

11 comments:

Marisa said...

These are prefect colours for a party card :D Love the balloons and blue DP. Great button with ribbon too.

Stacey Schafer said...

What fun, Amy! Your layouts and use of color are outstanding week after week:) Thanks, girlie!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super cute, Amy! I love the bow threaded through the button - I should do this more often! xxx

Sue said...

What a stunner Amy!! Love the balloons, I nearly used balloons too! You were so lucky to use the new colours, you made them sing!! :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, you really made these colors work, fantastic anf fun card creation...have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Julie said...

Lovely...and fun card! Love how you put the ribbon thru the button!

Melissa said...

I love the balloons! I hate it when you have to ration certain colors - where's the fun in that? You did a great job with these colors!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! Love those balloons! Great job with the colors!

♥♥♥Lea

katou said...

Very nice and perfect for a birthday or a party.
Love your card.
Hugs.
Katou

Shelley said...

What great layers and paper piecing. Lots of visual interest for sure. The button and bow is killing me...it looks so good!

dstandard said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!