Sunday 29 August 2010

Curtain Call Farewell...

Hiya!

Welcome to another fabulous Curtain Call challenge - and what will be my (and the rest of the current Crew's) last challenge as a design team member. I have had such a blast playing along and creating for these challenges - I love, love, love colour and I so enjoy having my creativity stretched and being inspired by the rest of the crew. I will miss being part of the Curtain Call Crew but I'm sure I'll find the time to play along in future challenges!

Here are this week's colours:

I actually got carried away and made two cards for my last hurrah! Here's the first:

I wanted to do some colouring but I don't have the inks for the new colours (just a sample of the cardstock!), so I improvised by mixing some reinkers - lots of fun! To get Concord Crush I mixed two drops of Brilliant Blue with one drop of Elegant Eggplant - in real life it is pretty much a perfect match! To get Pear Pizzazz I mixed two drops of Certainly Celery with one drop of Wild Wasabi - again, a great match - hooray! I used an aquabrush and watercolour paper and stamped the image (from Soft Summer) using Stazon. Have I mentioned how much I love colouring?? I used Kraft DSP as well as some random K&Co stuff that seemed pretty close to Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush. I added a double bow thingy with Kraft taffeta and some buttons (of course!) as well as some liquid pearls around the main image panel and in the centres of the flowers.

My other card is for the amazing Stacey, as well as all my fellow 'Crew' members who have been a real inspiration over the last six months:


I used another of my new toys from CHA - the Lily of the Valley set from PTI. I stamped it on white cardstock then watercoloured with my 'Concord Crush' mix around the outside of the image. I filled in the leaves with copic markers and added glossy accents over the flowers so they're nice and shiny. I kept the layout simple and added a lace bow and (surprise, surprise...) button! The greeting is from the Violets set from the same PTI series called Year of Flowers.

Make sure you check out the rest of the current Curtain Call crew for their creations - and check out Stacey's blog for the list of the new design team - who are awesome!!

Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage

Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity

Julie Smith at Paper and Such

Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine

Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections

Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession

Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden

Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection

and our Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine
...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 45 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll keep on visiting...
x Amy x

8 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I see you caught the bug of colouring too :) I adore the layout and stamping on the first card, and totally in love with the banner sentiment on the second!
I had a blast designing with you in the Crew, thanks so much for the inspiration that you've been to me and our players - you ROCK! {hugs}

Sue said...

Not one but two- you go girl!!! Stunning colouring Amy, your layouts are fabulous!
thank you for being a wonderful and inspiring buddy over the past 6 months, I really hope that when you come to the land of Oz next we get a chance to catch up and have a crafty session with chupa too! Will keep popping in to see more of those fantastic CHA goodies!! :) XX

Teresa Kline said...

two gorgeous cards.....I luv the details that make both cards pop...have a wonderful day!

enjoy*~*

Julie said...

Fantastic stuff Amy~~its been a fabulous 6 months being on the Crew with you. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your blog!

Stacey Schafer said...

Wowzers, Amy! These cards are both fabulous! Thanks again for a being a valuable crew member over at the Curtain Call...you will be missed!

Shelley said...

Wow! You are something girl! Making your own ink...THAT IS AMAZING! It's looks spot on! The flowers in both cards are simply fabulous. I didn't think I could fall for Concord Crush, I'm not a purple girl, but these cards could change my mind!

It has been such a treat to share the spotlight with you these past months. You can count on me hanging around, though!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy, these are two absolutely gorgeous cards!!! WOW...love both of the designs!!! It was so fun following you over the last few moths and I hope ou come and play often with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

You go girl - way to mix colours to get the right match while us lesser folk just subsituted colours LOL! Great colouring on both and two wonderful creations using this week's colours. The lilies of the valley are fabulous (my mom's favorite flower) and the first card is fabulous. Look forward to continuing to pop in and say hi :)