Tuesday 24 August 2010

Happy Anni-verve-sary!

Hiya!

Just thought I'd pop in quickly and share the cards I made for the Verve sketch challenges last week to celebrate their 3rd anniversary. I had lots of fun with these as Julee's sketches are always FAB!

This one uses some new PTI sets I picked up in Chicago - Baby Button Bits and A Little Argyle. That background paper is in fact hand-stamped! Gotta love background sets that enable you to make papers that match your colour scheme perfectly! I added my fave embellishments: ribbon, button and lace! The sentiment is from Verve.




This one uses the Blue Skies set that I won in a Mojo Monday contest a few weeks ago - I was so excited cos I've been wanting to get this set since it was release - love the sentiments in it and I think this one is my favourite! I used some lace trim I picked up at a little market stall on holiday in the Lake District - gotta love the Kraft lace hey??!

This one uses some Webster's Pages papers that my sister got for me last year I think... They're so pretty I have hardly used them as I can't bear to cut into them!! Silly I know but that's me! The sentiment is from Verve as well as the flourishes and butterfly. Once again some lace was added (my word I'm really on a lace kick at the moment!) as well as some overlapping buttons.


This last one is my favourite... I guess you could say it's a 'me' card lol! I love drama and this background paper is LUSH - it is flocked so feels amazing IRL - unfortunately the camera just doesn't capture how gorgeous is it! The cake has liquid pearls and glitter on it and I've added black stickles to the edge of the scallop layer around the cake. Both the sentiment and cake are from Verve's Birthday Wishes set. I've added some Real Red ribbon that was in a kit in the first UK catalogue that I've had floating around for a while!

That's it for today folks - thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, that is a lot of wonderful eye candy to look at! Great work on each of them!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all so beautiful! I'm partial to that aqua and brown butterfly one (go figure! LOL). I just love the shading on the butterfly! But that cake one sure is catching my eye, too! Love them all!

Sue said...

These are absolutely beautiful Amy, you have certainly been putting your goodies to spectacular use!!! :)