Sunday 8 August 2010

Curtain Call Double Fun...

Hiya!

Welcome to another Curtain Call challenge! Check out this week's colours:

In the UK we haven't got the new colours yet (bring on September when demos get to preorder lol!). I had to substitute Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi but the colours ended up pretty close to the inspiration pic so I was happy! I got a bit carried away with my new stuff and decided to make two cards - here's the first:

I used the Bird on a Branch set (which is on sale during August) to create the scene - gotta love the Stamp-a-ma-jig for lining up images properly! The orange bird is stamped seperately and cut out and popped up next to the brown bird. I thought these two looked like a cute little old couple - perfect for an anniversary card! I've just gotten my hands on the Pumpkin Pie big striped ribbon and had to try one of those big luscious bows I've been admiring on many of Stacey's cards - love putting a button in the centre too! I sponged around the edges of the background and main panels with Choc Chip ink to grunge it up a little. The background panel was stamped with the Medallion stamp with Wild Wasabi ink.

I had to play with my freebie PTI set I got at the CHA show so I whipped this one up as an added bonus:

This set is so easy to use! The leaves are a big stamp and you just choose one of the four flower stamps to fit over the ends of the stems - so cute! I used PTI's Linen and Canvas impression plate to add some texture to the image panel and added some Tea Dye ink around the edges to distress a little. The sentiment is from the same set. I added some stitching, lace and buttons to finish off.

For both of these cards I used sketches from the Go to Sketches magazine that I picked up in the States - it is FABulous! I've seen bits and pieces from it on the 'net for ages so I was really excited to be able to pick up a copy myself.

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:
our fab leader: Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection
and our Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 42 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage.
Thanks for stopping by!
x Amy x

13 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

they are FANTASTIC! and I love your new profile pic...you're too cute:)

Nance Leedy said...

These are gorgeous. I love how you used the Medallion stamp...it so perfectly mimics the blossoms on the branch. Beautiful!

Marisa said...

Not one but two fabulous cards, Amy! Love the wide ribbon on the first one and that PTI set is wonderful! The buttons on the flowers are a great touch as is the lace. Wonderful use of this week's colours!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Ooh my goodness... both are stunning! I love the ribbon on the first one, and the second card is just perfect in every way! And look at you - you're beautiful! :D

Teresa Kline said...

i adore the set from PTI, on my I wish I could get my hands on that one....your cards are gorgeous....hava a super day!

enjoy *~*

Melissa said...

I'm lovin' BOTH of these cards, Amy! The Medallion stamp is perfect and I love the PTI set - super versatile. Great job with the colors!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Two great cards using this color combo. I really like the fuzzy flowers of the second card.

Lea L. said...

These are both gorgeous!! I just LOVE that ribbon you used on the first one, and those flowers are utterly beautiful on the second!! Lovely job with these colors, Amy!

♥Lea

Julie said...

Both cards are just fantastic. I wish I got a long as well with my stampamajig as you do! Love the new pic!

Silke Ledlow said...

Two simply gorgeous cards Amy!!! I'm soooo jealous that you have the PTI set :)...it's so awesome!!!
You rocked the Color Combo on both designs!!! Hugs ~S~

Shelley said...

Oh, I love your big bow! I have avoided this ribbon because I am not confident I can make it behave! You sure have the touch!

Now I would have thought one card was enough...then you blow me away with the second! I am so mad at myself not not going to CHA so I could get this set! It's so incredible!

Sue said...

Good to see you are putting your new goodies to use straight away!! You have blitzed the colours this week, not sure I can pick a favourite, they are both fabulous!! :)

Andrea said...

Both cards are fabulous.