Sunday 14 March 2010

Curtain Call Simply Shabby...

Hello all!

It's Curtain Call Color Challenge time again! This week's colours are lovely and soft:

I combined this week's colours with the Viva la Verve challenge over at SCS. This sketch was from week 1's challenge and I chose the Shabby Chic country kitchen as my inspiration. Here's what I came up with:


I used SU's Simply Said stamp set together with the new large heart punch available only in March from Stampin Up. If you purchase it with the Simply Said stamp set you get a discount - bonus! I stamped the words and flowers with Always Artichoke then coloured the flowers in with Certainly Celery and Barely Banana markers. I added some glitter to the banana flowers. The image was then punched out with the heart punch. The scallop border was created using the scallop border punch around two different-sized squares of cardstock - the white one slightly larger than the banana one. I trimmed off the border of the banana one so I was just left with a scalloped square.
The background paper is from Bella Bleu - I don't know whether it's officially Barely Banana but it looks very similar to the cardstock! The two smaller squares are Barely Banana stamped with flowers and embossed with clear EP. Most of the layers were distressed with my distressing tool to imitate the shabby chic look of the kitchen.
Check out what the other members of the crew have created:
and of course the fabulous Stacey Schafer
Thanks for stopping by!
x Amy x

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous medallion card using this week's colours :D

Stacey Schafer said...

GORGEOUS, Amy! Love the distressed edges:)

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the scalloped square!! Great job with the color challenge this week!

♥Lea

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awesome Amy!! You rocked these colours!!

Andrea said...

Wow. Your card is so great.

Melissa said...

I love the scalloped square medallion! I have yet to try that technique. Fits perfectly with the shabby chic theme...:)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, love the distressing around the edges.

Shelley said...

I love all your layers, Amy! I'm kinda layer challenged, so this is the kind of card I wish I could make!

Sue said...

what a wonderful card! the medallion and the edges work really well together!! :)