Wednesday 1 April 2009

New mini catalogue!

Oh my! I am so excited... Stampin Up have released their first mini catalogue in the UK! I have been lucky enough to be able to play with some of the goodies in it for the last few weeks and I thought I would share some cards with you to show you how great the new stuff is. So without further ado, here's my first card:

Rosey Soft Summer

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Soft Summer
Ink: Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Basic Black, Basic Grey
Paper: Rose Red, Always Artichoke DSP (hostess pack), Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Rose Red and Always Artichoke brads, Rose Red 1" stitched grosgrain ribbon, aqua painter, dazzling diamonds glitter, SU toolkit (for piercing).

I stamped the flowers using Basic Black on Whisper White and watercoloured using inkpads and an aqua painter. I added glitter to the centre of the flowers. I then cut them out (yikes! I like cutting...!). I stamped the solid image (this set is a 2-step set) using Basic Grey on Whisper White card and layered the flowers over the top (slightly offset) with dimensionals. The Rose Red card in the background has been stamped with the other outline image from the set with Rose Red for a subtle background image. I added paper piercing using my SU toolkit.


Orange Split Summer


Recipe:

Stamps: Soft Summer
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, SU reinkers (Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa)
Paper: Haiku DSP, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, ice brads, scallop circle punch, circle punch, oval punch, SU toolkit, blender pens, white gel pen.

I coloured the main image of this card using reinkers and a blender pen (my favourite way to colour in... the results are spectacular!). I split the image into three and layered on Basic Grey and Basic Black.

The sentiment was created by using the scallop edge punch, the 1 3/8" circle punch and the NEW oval punch. I added some dots to the black scallop circle using the Signo white gel pen.

I LOVE this set... can't wait to make more cards with it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous as always, thanks for sharing

Rosie said...

Oh my your cards are just STUNNING! Hello from another of Jane's team - not that far away from you either!!