Tuesday 14 April 2009

Sun-shiny Verve!


Hello!

I made this card for the Viva la Verve challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. There was a sketch to follow with a {twist} of a colour challenge: Summer Sun, More Mustard and Baja Breeze. Now, Baja Breeze is an In Colour in the US, but we don't have In Colours in the UK. However, the new mini catalogue has a new paper pack called Ski Slope and it has some Baja Breeze patterened paper in it: yay!
I used the Baja Breeze DSP for the background and added some paper piercing. The flowers are from Verve's Abundant Blessings set - I LOVE this set! I stamped them on Summer Sun using More Mustard then added depth using a Summer Sun marker. I layered them up using dimensionals and added highlights with a white gel pen. Little gems finished them off!
The Summer Sun panel behind the main image panel was created by stamping the long background stamp from Artful Elegance and embossed it with white embossing powder. I then added depth by sponging around the edges with Summer Sun and adding accents with the Summer Sun marker.
The greeting is from a Hero Arts set and I stamped it on Whisper White using More Mustard ink and punched it out with the SU oval punch. I layered it onto a More Mustard scallop oval that I punched out - these oval punches are both available in the new mini catalogue!
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Verve's Abundant Blessings and Artful Elegance, Hero Arts
Ink: More Mustard, Summer Sun, Versamark
Paper: Ski Slope DSP, More Mustard, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Accessories: SU oval punches, white EP, SU markers, mini gems, SU toolkit, white signo gel pen
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Beautiful card! I think I just said that on the last entry, but it still is absolutely valid! I love the extra details you did on the background stamp. The flowers are to die for. Great job.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the shading on the flowers and the embossed background. Just lovely!